Founded on principles of excellence, equality and opportunity for all, the University of York opened in 1963 with just 230 students.
In less than 50 years we have become one of the world’s leading universities, carving out a reputation as an academic powerhouse where a clear focus on excellence has secured national and international recognition alongside longer established institutions.
Our vision is to make the University of York a world leader:
- in the creation of knowledge through fundamental and applied research
- in the sharing of knowledge by teaching students from varied backgrounds
- in the application of knowledge for the health, prosperity and well-being of people and society.
The University of York opened in 1963, founded on principles of excellence, equality and opportunity for all.
The university offer full time programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in an array of subject areas including:
- Accounting, Archaeology, Applied Science
- Avionics, Biochemistry, Biology
- Chemistry, Computer Science
- Economics, Engineering, History
- Languages, Law, Maths
- Medicine, Nursing, Physics, Politics
This institution also offer PHD’s, though please contact NAS Education to discuss your requirements. Please have a drafted proposal to hand when calling.
There are an array of scholarships available to students who fulfill a certain criteria set-out by various scholarship funds, but it can be so confusing? Which is the best one to apply for? .
Scholarships can be provided by various sources including:
- Local Governments
- Foreign Governments
- Other Private Funds.
To find out more information about the best scholarship for you, please contact us for up to date information. In the interim we have provided you with scholarship links for your perusal.
The nearest airport to the main campus is Manchester International Airport.
The Student Body:
- Total student population 15,925, of which 11,872 are undergraduates; 56% are female and 44% are male.
- Percentage of undergraduate mature students: 16%.
- Overseas students, from over 120 countries, make up 23% of the total student population.
- Percentage of young, full-time undergraduate entrants from state schools or colleges: 80%.
- Average undergraduate applications to entrants: 6:1.
RANDOM FACT: York is the home and birthplace of Judi Dench. Judi is famed for her role as M in the films of James Bond
The best way to reach out to any institution is through social media by contacting current students and alumni. Whilst NAS Education are more than happy to introduce you to other students that have applied from Malaysia, we have collated these links to help you along.